Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has confirmed three new features coming to WhatsApp. The new WhatsApp features were revealed in a conversation with WABetaInfo along with Will Cathcart, Head of WhatsApp. These features include disappearing mode, view once and multi device.
WhatsApp already rolled out disappearing messages last year. This feature can be turned on to make messages automatically disappear in a chat after seven days. WhatsApp is now planning to roll out disappearing mode that will turn on disappearing messages in all your chats. This will turn your entire WhatsApp experience ephemeral. So if you want disappearing messages in all your chats then you can turn on disappearing mode.
Another Major update Feature of WhatsApp :
Another major update on WhatsApp is multi device support.
This feature has been in testing for quite some time, and it is confirmed to roll out in public beta within two months.
Multi device will allow you to use your WhatsApp account on multiple devices even without an active internet connection on your main device.
Zuckerberg said “it’s been a big technical challenge to get all your messages and content to sync properly across devices even when your phone battery dies, but we’ve solved this and we’re looking forward to getting it out soon!
WhatsApp will add support for the iPad through multi device. Cathcart also confirmed that WhatsApp will open up the beta more iOS users soon.
How to enable or disable disappearing messages
To enable or disable disappearing messages on iPhone or Android:
- Open WhatsApp
- Open the individual chat
- Tap on the contact’s name at the top
- Select Disappearing Messages
- Tap Continue (if prompted)
- Select on or of
How does disappearing messages on WhatsApp work?
- Seven days
- Individual chat basis
- Admins only for group chats
Disappearing messages is a feature that needs to be enabled on WhatsApp. Once you have enabled the feature, messages sent in an individual or group chat will disappear after seven days. At the moment, you can’t change that length of time, like you can with Signal’s equivalent.
Messages that were sent or received previous to the disappearing messages feature being enabled won’t be affected so you’ll still be able to view them.
The feature will have to be enabled for each individual chat – so it isn’t something you can turn on by default for all messages – and either user within the individual chat can turn the feature on or off. In a group chat, only the group admins will be able to turn disappearing messages on or off.
- Disappearing mode will let customers activate disappearing messages for all chats directly
- This function, when turned on, will allow the ephemeral expertise on all of your chats on WhatsApp. So if you’d like disappearing messages on all of your chats directly you possibly can merely activate disappearing mode.
- This function will allow you to “send content and have it disappear after the person sees it.
- So when you’ve got this function turned on you possibly can ship pictures and movies and the recipient will be capable of view it solely as soon as after it’s despatched.
- Do be aware that customers can nonetheless take screenshots of the content material earlier than it disappears. Based on the screenshot shared by WABetaInfo, a timer will probably be displayed on the photograph or video to point that it’ll disappear quickly.
Zuckerberg mentioned they’re “about to start rolling out” disappearing mode and think about as soon as. He hasn’t given an actual launch date but however it’s anticipated to occur quickly. As for multi machine help, that is confirmed to roll out to public beta customers inside two months.