Before we go further Do you know macOS Monterey !! Let me give you small introduction of it.Apple has started rolling out the public beta versions of the new watchOS 8 and macOS Monterey. Those interested can enrol themselves in the Apple Beta Program and download the new software updates.
What is macOS Monterey?
macOS Monterey is the 18th major release of macOS, Apple’s desktop operating system for Macintosh computers. The successor to macOS Big Sur, it was announced at WWDC 2021 on June 7, 2021, and is expected to be released later in 2021.
- macOS Monterey Public Beta is here, giving users the first taste of how Apple’s new desktop OS will look and feel like. The latest generation of macOS rolls out at a time when the desktop PC world has been introduced to a new edition of Windows as well by Microsoft – Windows 11, to be precise. While the latter is a lot about making a generational jump in terms of how Windows looks, macOS Monterey brings together a balance of both new features as well as how the overall OS looks like.
Devices eligible for macOS Monterey upgrade:
Before progressing further, if you wish to try macOS Monterey, you’ll need to make sure that the Mac PC you’re using is among one of the following:
- MacBook Air: Early 2015 and later
- MacBook Pro: Early 2015 and later
- iMac: Late 2015 and later
- MacBook: Early 2016 and later
- iMac Pro: 2017 and later
- Mac mini: Late 2014 and later
- Mac Pro: Late 2013 and later
If you’re confused about exactly which year your Mac’s make is from, you can confirm the same by clicking on the main Apple icon on the taskbar, and clicking on ‘About this Mac’. The information will be listed under the first ‘Overview’ tab, below the software name and version number that your PC is already running.
Major New Feature of macOS Monterey:
macOS Monterey will bring it number of interesting new features that new functionality and design represent how the OS worked before.some of major changes are as follow:
- Spatial audio support, background blur (with portrait mode), mic noise isolation and wide spectrum (ie anti-isolation), grid view, link to join calls on any platform, one with Shareplay for music and video streaming The new FaceTime experience, call participants, and more.
- A new-looking Safari with a color-friendly tab bar, new-look tabs, new features menus, privacy protections, and more.
- Shortcuts, a new automation features that will help you put many of the most used features within the OS on auto schedule mode.
- Universal Control, which allows seamless use of the iPad via the Mac trackpad.
- A feature-rich ‘Quick Note’ experience.
How to Download macOS Monterey Public Beta:
If your pc is eligible ,and you are convinced you should download the public beta immediately,here what to do:
- Open the Apple Beta Software Program webpage through the Safari browser on your Mac.
- Sign up for the public beta program if you haven’t already registered your Apple ID for it. If you’ve done this before, sign in using your Apple ID.
- Once you’re signed in, click the ‘Enroll Your Devices’ button on the top right of the beta page, and click ‘MacOS Monterey’ on the next page.
- Scroll down and click ‘Download macOS Public Beta Access Utility’ to enroll your Mac for the update.
- Before opening the downloaded DMG file, open Time Machine on your Mac and back up all your files.
- If you want to boot macOS Monterey through a separate partition while also keeping the stable Big Sur version, at this point use Disk Utility to create a new volume in your drive, measuring at least 25GB. This is not recommended for Macs with 128GB drives, unless they still have a lot of storage left.
- In case of creating a new volume, move the downloaded installer to the new partition you created.
- Once the above three steps are done (the above two are purely optional), click on Apple – System Preferences – Software Update. You should see a prompt saying ‘This Mac is enrolled in the Apple Beta Software Program’, and the new macOS Monterey update should appear here. It may take a while for this to happen – from signing up for the beta program and enrolling in PC.
- After that follow normal software update procedure to install macOS Monterey Public Beta on your PC.
Here above thing you must know about new technology and how to update ,download and use it.