The Year of 2020 is finally coming end and thank god for it.From the most deadly virus ever known to mankind to forest,fires and lotus swarms.2020 has sure been the year that our ancestor warmed us about.this year become disaster year in world record.
The year 2020 has only just begun, and the world has already suffered many disaster tragedies,deaths,regionals conflict and a new virus outbreak.
January 1, 2020 marked the beginning of a brand-new decade that many looked at with optimism and as a chance at a new lease on life. But as summer 2020 progresses, many are wondering if this year can get any worse, following a string of wild fires, airplane crashes in Iran and Pakistan, the death of basketball legend Kobe Bryant, social unrest over the killing of George Floyd, the deadly explosion in Beirut, and various natural disasters – all under the cloud of the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
Massive explosions rock Lebanon’s capital of Beirut; Trump says it was an ‘attack’. A stretch of bad events kicked off the year. Wildfires engulfed Australia with apocalyptic scenes, followed shortly by the Iranian regime shooting down the Ukrainian airliner PS752, killing all 176 people on board, during a series of escalations that nearly brough Iran and the United States to war.
There were many tragedies happened in 2020 but among of that few are listed below with detail.
The outbreak of coronavirus, or COVID-19, is one 2020 calamity that has caused significant human suffering and major global economic disruption.:
The outbreak was first identified in Wuhan, a city in China’s Hubei province, in December 2019, and was recognized as a pandemic by the World Health Organization on March 11. As of March 21, more than 276,000 cases of COVID-19 have been reported in over 180 countries and territories, resulting in more than 11,400 deaths and 90,000 recoveries. The virus’s fatality rate is low – around 1-2 percent – but it spreads easily, and the economic impacts beginning to be felt are likely to have long-lasting effects.
A massive explosion shattered Beirut on August 4, 2020, compounding the ongoing political and economic crises that have gripped Lebanon throughout the past year. The blast emanated from Beirut’s port, where 2,750 tonnes of highly explosive ammonium nitrate was being stored.
At least 157 people were killed, over 6,000 injured, and hundreds of thousands were displaced.Whole neighborhoods were shattered, with estimates of more than $5 billion worth of damage.The explosion reignited anti-government protests, leading to the resignation of short-lived Prime Minister Hassan Diab’s government.
Pakistan’s Disaster airliner crash:
A Pakistan International Airlines flight crashed into houses in Karachi on May 22, killing 97 people.
Miraculously, two passengers survived the crash.
Airbus has opened an investigation into the plane’s strange behaviour around takeoff, the latest deadly plane crash in Pakistan’s long history of aviation incidents.
The 2019–2020 Australian bushfire season, known as the black summer, began with several serious and uncontrolled fires in June 2019, mainly in the southeast of the country. The fires, which peaked during December and January, have since been contained and extinguished.
More than half of all Australians have been directly affected by the bushfire crisis, including millions whose health has been affected. As of March 9, the fires, unprecedented for Australia in terms of duration and intensity, burned an estimated 18.6 million hectares, destroyed over 5,900 buildings, and killed at least 34 people. However, smoke pollution that blanketed the country’s southeast during the bushfire may have killed more than 400 people, according to the estimate published in the Medical Journal of Australia.
Devastating floods in Indonesia:
Floods in Indonesia’s capital Jakarta and nearby towns on the early hours of January 1, killed 66 people and forced almost 400,000 to flee their homes. At least 182 neighborhoods had been submerged in the city’s greater area, inundating thousands of homes and buildings, including the presidential palace, and paralyzing transport networks.
Overnight rains caused more rivers to burst their banks in greater Jakarta, sending muddy water up to five feet deep into residential and commercial areas. According to the country’s disaster management agency (BNPB), many of the victims drowned or were buried by landslides. Several died of hypothermia and electric shocks.
Kobe Bryant tragic Death:Helicopter crash
On jan 26,2020,NBA legend kobe Bryant died in a tragic helicopter crash near Los Angeles,California.Bryant’s 13-year old daughter Gianna Maria was also the victim killed in the crash.
Earthquakes in Turkey and the Caribbean:
A total of 41 people were killed and more than 1,600 were injured in eastern Turkey after an earthquake rattled the region on January 24.
The 6.7 magnitude quake struck near the town of Sivrice, in eastern Elazig province, causing at least 10 buildings to collapse, Interior Minister Sulyman Soylu said. The earthquake was felt in the neighboring provinces of Diyarbakır, Malatya, and Adıyaman, and the neighboring countries of Armenia, Syria, and Iran.
About 1,607 people were hospitalized, Turkey’s Disaster and Emergency Management President (AFAD) said.
Another powerful 7.7 magnitude earthquake struck in the Caribbean on January 28, prompting brief tsunami warnings and office evacuations as far away as Florida.
The quake hit between Jamaica, the Cayman Islands and Cuba at a depth of 10 km (6.2 miles), the US Geological Survey (USGS) said. It is the largest earthquake in the Caribbean since 1946. Some offices were temporarily evacuated in Miami and parts of Jamaica.
Important Event in 2020:
- Jan 22 China locks down the city of Wuhan and its 11 million people, in an effort to control the coronavirus COVID-19 with a then official death toll of 17 and over 500 people ill
- Mar 11 Coronavirus COVID-19 declared a pandemic by the head of the World Health Organization Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, with 121,564 cases worldwide and 4,373 deaths
- Mar 24 Indian PM Narendra Modi orders a 21 day lockdown for world’s second most populous country of 1.3 billion people to deal with coronavirus COVID-19
- Mar 24 China’s Hubei province, the original center of the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak eases restrictions on travel after a nearly two-month lockdown
- Apr 2 Record 6.6 million Americans filed claims for unemployment in last week according to the US Department of Labor, 10 million over 2 weeks
- May 25 Video of African American George Floyd’s arrest and murder while restrained in Minneapolis police custody shows he was pinned to the ground by police officer Derek Chauvin’s knee for 8 minutes and 46 seconds, ignites widespread condemnation and nationwide protests
- Jun 20 Highest-ever temperature recorded in the Arctic circle, 38C (100F) in Verkhoyansk, Siberia
- Aug 9 Disputed Belarusian presidential election sees long time dictator Alexander Lukashenko officially win 80% of the votes but unofficially lose 60-70% of the votes to main opposition candidate Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya. Sparks widespread protests in Belarus and international condemnation.
- Sep 10 California’s August Complex wildfire becomes largest recorded in state history at 471,000 acres (736 square miles)
- Sep 14 Astronomers report possible sign of life on Venus, after detecting phosphine in planets’s atmosphere by telescope 
- Nov 7 Former Vice-President Joe Biden declared the winner of the US Presidential race, four days after the US election, defeating sitting President Donald Trump
- Nov 9 Drugmakers BioNTech and Pfizer announce their COVID-19 vaccine to be over 90% effective in a first look at the results from their phase 3 trial involving nearly 44,000 people
- Dec New Strain corona virus came in india and other country.
Many of natural death has been happened in this 2020 ,Bollywood and Hollywood lost legendry acter and actress during this year.
Lot of death happened because of corona,Hope this upcoming year will bring some happeness for all over world and people will stay safe.